Aluminum Extrusion Service
- Post machining sevice
- Delivery in 2-3 Weeks
- Low cost from 1 to 1000+ Part
- Highly accurate with excellent surface finish
Aluminum Extrusion Capabilities
Direct Aluminum Extrusion
Direct extrusion, often called forward extrusion, is the most common metal extrusion method. In Direct extrusion, a high pressure ram push the material billet through a container. The material moves along the ram’s path, form the profile through the stationary die. This method can be used for substantial profile designs and produce a better surface finishes than indirect extrusion.
Indirect Aluminum Extrusion
With indirect extrusion, the material is placed into a container and secured. The extrusion die moves along a hollow ram over the material, forcing the material go through the die. Since there is no relative movement between the material and container, resulting in greater control over dimensional consistency, material properties when compared with direct extrusion.
At KUSLA Prototype, we provide high quality, cost effective and fast aluminum extrusion services for various industries and applications. We can help you design and manufacture aluminum extrusion profiles with complex shapes and sizes, using different grades of aluminum alloys.
Aluminum Extrusion prototyping
Our Rapid Aluminum Extrusions process offers Prototype Extrusions in 3 weeks. The main advantage of our Rapid Extrusion process is the ability to create Prototype Extrusions with very complex cross sections. We offers extrusions in Aluminum 6061 and 6063 in a variety of lengths and shapes.
Low Volume Aluminum Extrusion
We also offer low-volume aluminum extrusion service for small-batch production of high-quality aluminum profiles. Whether you require custom-designed aluminum profiles prototypes or limited production runs, our expertise and equipment will make it to achieve your needs.
Custom Aluminum Extrusion Profiles
Custom aluminum extrusion profiles can be cut to any 2D cross-sectional shape. KUSLA custom manufacturing services enable you to get extruded parts made with custom extrusion profiles. If you are looking to save cost and time by post-machining an existing aluminum extrusion profile, we can make it happen.
Standard profiles include:
What is Aluminum Extrusion?
Aluminum extrusion is a process for creating parts with specific cross-sectional profiles including solid, hollow, and semi-hollow shapes, by pushing heated aluminum alloy material through a steel die.
Aluminum Extrusion Specification
- Press sizes: 450T ~ 3000T
- Tooling lead time: 2 weeks for small molds, 4 weeks for larger molds.
- Post-machining: Full-service CNC cutting, threading, slotting, face milling, etc.
- Tolerances: follow NADCA tolerances
Benefits Of Aluminum Extrusion
- Operational flexibility
- easy post-machining
- Continuous production
- Suitable for high production volumes
- Compatible with a variety of raw materials
- Effective compounding for material mixing
- Achieves a favorable surface finish
Materials for Aluminum extrusion
- Aluminum 1100 —Could be extruded into intricate shapes with an excellent brilliant finish.
- Aluminum 3003 —The alloys in the 3000 series are typically exclusively extruded for heat exchanger tubes.
- Aluminum 6063 — Suitable for ornamental applications with a good surface finish or difficult-to-extrusion features like thin walls or fine detailing.
- Aluminum 6061 —can be used as a structural staple in the transportation and machined parts industries. a good choice for welded structural like vehicles, trucks, trailer frames, railroad cars, and pipelines.